Friday, December 17, 2010

The Journey of Muhozi Trust Aimable



My name is Muhozi Trust Aimable. I am from Rwanda but I was born in Tanzania and brought up in Malawi. Muhozi means, if someone beats you and you go and tell someone else and that person beats the one who beat you, that person is acting like Muhozi. In simple words I can say Muhozi means a bully beater. Aimable means friendship. I was given this name after being baptized. But when I was a kid I was called Trust.

All of my names support who I am because I have a lot of friends and when I grow up I will protect and care for my family. Even now I protect and care for my brothers and sisters.

The most interesting thing since I reached into America is how some people speak English. They mix more words like ''how are you doing.'' It becomes "Hy u doin."

I was born in Tanzania because it is where my parents were refugees starting from 1994-1996. In 1995 it is when I was born. In 1996 the Tanzanian government forced refugees back to their countries so we went back to our country. At that time I was only 1 year old. When returning back to Rwanda my father went to Malawi, then after 4 years he called for us to Malawi. We stayed in Malawi for 10 years. After 10 years in Malawi the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) sent us to America because of some problems in Malawi. Now I am in America and I am proud to be in America.

When I grow up I want to become a Doctor because I want to save people's lives, give them treatment and help them if they need help at the hospital.

Doctoring is the thing that took my heart because if not for doctors my brother would not be alive today. He started suffering from Malaria when he was 9 months old but now he is 7 years old. He has never spent a month without seeing a doctor. That means doctors are playing a great role in my brother's life.

This is what makes me feel like being a doctor in future, to help those who needs help.

One advice that I can give to people of my age is that, leave social things behind and concentrate on their education because school is a key of a bright future and success.

By- Trust

1 comment: